Are you a student of mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, geography, computer science or other related subjects? Or are you not a student, but you want to listen to scientific and popular science talks in these fields? If you answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, we invite you to conference SeMPowisko 2023!
This year’s, 21st edition of our conference, will take place on May 11th–14th in a hybrid form – stationary at the Faculty of Physics, Astronomy and Applied Computer Science of JU in Kraków and remotely on the Microsoft Teams platform.
To take part in our conference, you should fill out a registration form:
Registration has been closed.
After sending a form you will get an email with the application acceptance. We ask you to check entered data in detail – it will be used in the abstracts book and on certificates in this exact form. In case of finding any errors, please contact us immediately.
After the end of registration and substantive check of all entries, we will contact the Participants to confirm an acceptance of the talk/poster for our conference.
About a week before the conference you will get an email with an attendance confirmation request. Only those who confirm their participation and pay a conference fee in the amount of 20 PLN will be registered (Please note, there is no fee for online participation).
We invite all the students to give a speech. This year you can choose between a long speech (LS, 25 minutes), a quick speech (QS, 15 minutes) and an express speech (ES, 10 minutes). There are limited places for long speeches, so we reserve the right to choose only the most appealing abstracts if there will be more participants than places.
Your presentation should fulfil the following conditions:
- The presentation should last for a maximum of 10 minutes (ES)/ 15 minutes (QS)/ 25 minutes (LS). At the end of your talk, we will provide 4 minutes (ES)/ 7 minutes (QS, LS) for questions.
- In the registration form, you should provide information about the title of your presentation and short abstract (300-1200 characters). Two main bibliography positions will be a nice addition, please post them in the “comments” field.
- Organisers reserve the right to reject your application if we will consider it to be unscientific or not popularising science. We might also reject your presentation if the number of participants will be too high.
We will inform you via email about the acceptance of your abstract once the registration close.
On the third day of the conference, we will hold the poster session. We encourage you to create your poster and fill proper fields in the registration form.
Formal requirements for posters:
- The poster size should be no larger than A0 format, but no smaller than A2 format.
- Posters can be reviews or be based on original research.
- There is a possibility to present an online poster. More details will be given soon.
27.03.2023 – the start of registration
30.04.2023 – end of the registration
11.05.2023 – opening of the conference
12.05.2023 – the second day of the conference
13.05.2023 – the third day of the conference
14.05.2023 – the fourth day of the conference
Do you have any questions?
Ask on email@example.com